All rental units must be registered with Grand Haven Charter Township using the application/registration form.
Ordinances Applicable to Rentals
- Rental Regulations – 605 (Restated)
- International Property Maintenance Code – 607
- Zoning Text Amendment – 606
Inspections must meet all the guidelines of the International Property Maintenance Code. An abbreviated inspection checklist can be found here.
Definitions of Duration of Rental
- The rental or subletting of any dwelling for a term of less than 28 days.
- Shall be located within the Short-Term Rental Overlay Zone.
Limited Short-Term Rental
- Limited Short-Term Rental means the Rental or subletting of any Dwelling with a principal residence exemption, (aka PRE) for any one or two Rental periods of at least six but not more than 14 days, not to exceed 14 days total in a calendar year. This definition absolutely prohibits Rentals of less than six days.
- The Rental or subletting of any Dwelling for a term of at least 28 days.